Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm so OVER 30!

My 30's officially ended at 7:45 on Monday Morning. I didn't enter my 40's the same way I entered the world 40 years ago - kicking and screaming, shaking my fists and demanding to know what was so damned important that you had to wake me up so early. Nope, I slept in til about 9:00-ish (more emphasis on the "ish") and was awakened by a man bearing Coffee and a present!

There were certain things I felt it necessary to have in order to successfully navigate my 40's. Sapphire earrings were amongst those things. I got em. Hell, I even got a beautiful necklace to go with them. Cool huh?

Friends from WAAAAAAAY back came to town on Friday and we celebrated early. We had what amounted to a slumber party. We stayed up too late telling stories, reminiscing, playing Wii and surfing the net.

We laughed til our guts hurt and then laughed a little more. I got to cook hella appetizers and entertain, and I honestly can't remember when I've had such a good time with my friends.

We talked about how I'd ended up in the Round-Up City and it was then that I realized something important. I've been here for 7 years. Not 8. Definitely 7. Yeah, that was when I came home for the weekend from working here and the man I'd been living with said "This just isn't working for me, I'm not attracted to you anymore." Within a week, I'd packed up my U-haul and had beat-feet here... where I set up residence at the Oxford Suites in Room 107 and resumed the journey that's been my career.

Only 7 years.... Not a huge amount of time... but long enough for me to be involved in a few committed relationships, run away to Portland, get a new job, quit a job, start my own business and fix up my house.

Now I'm 40. I'm involved with an amazingly wonderful guy with a huge heart who loves me pretty much unconditionally. Yes, he even deals with my peri-menopausal PMS and hasn't turned and run or turned on me. Who knew life was this grand. I guess I was just a little impatient.

1 comment:

Sasha S. said...

Actually. You're right, there was no kicking or screaming.
Instead I got attacked by 2 women in their (now official) 40's jumping on my bed reciting YouTube video lines.

"Chaaarlie... Hiii chaaarlie"

Oh. To mention-- it was 3:00 AM.

Either way it was one of my most memorable weekends. I think there's some special value to watching my mom and her way back friends getting their drink on.

I wish I could find friends like Kimmy, Kelly and Ingrid that were my age. My life would turn so different!

Now you have a subscriber to your blog. So ya gotta blog more often.

P.S. My verification word is, "iegfluk" I wonder how it's pronounced and what it could mean.